9.5.10

Sweet Trip



This band needs much more recognition and support... They really are one of a kind and amazingly great. Sweet Trip is without a doubt one of my favorite experimental/dream-pop/electronic groups ever. More info here.

Halica (Bliss Out V.11)



1998; 7 tracks


This is a good album full of nice moments but I feel like their other two releases are much better!

Download.



Velocity : Design : Comfort



2003; 12 tracks


So freaking gorgeous. Jazz. Electronic. Shoegaze. Every fucking thing is in this album. It has also been described as.. IDM? I believe that stands for "intelligent dance music." This CD is full of good rhythm and soft harmonies, such as in the song "To All the Dancers of the World, A Round Form of Fancy." I think that's my favorite track off of this album.

Download.



You Will Never Know Why



2009; 14 tracks


This is absolutely my favorite Sweet Trip album, and possibly my favorite shoegaze/indie album in the entire universe. It is very different from V : D : C, but by no means in a bad way. It is softer and introduces newer "folk" elements, such as acoustic guitars, that aren't present very often in their previous stuff. I really, really love the song Milk. It is one of the most powerful and beautiful songs I have heard in a long while. If you're wondering which ST album to get, please please get this one. You will not regret it.

Download.

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to get their latest for a while. This is precisely the push in the right direction I needed. Thankyouallie.

    ReplyDelete