2.5.10

Johannes Brahms - Complete Solo Piano Music

Johannes Brahms was a late-romantic German composer and pianist. I used to not be a huge fan of his music because, unfortunately, he was alive and thriving in a time that directly preceded my personal favorite music era - modernism. Also, he wasn't Russian. That makes him a little less than perfect for me. But, when I recently bought Glenn Gould's interpretation of the Ballades, Rhapsodies, and Intermezzi, I thought twice about this remarkably unusual composer. I am now very fond of all of his music, particularly his piano music. Brahms was and is a very original voice in the classical music scene, as you will hopefully hear and appreciate.

*BTW: My favorite tracks are the Ballade No. 4 and Rhapsodie No. 1. :)

Glenn Gould - Johannes Brahms' Complete Shorter Works for Piano



1993; 16 tracks


Download.

No comments:

Post a Comment