2.5.10

Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over the Sea


1998; 11 tracks


Neutral Milk Hotel is a low-fi/indie/acoustic project of guitarist/singer-songwriter Jeff Mangum. ItAOtS is their second full-length album, and it really, truly is one of my perfect, favorite albums. Some complain that his voice is annoying, but I couldn't disagree more. There are times on this album, however, that you just can't listen to at a high volume - his voice is extremely abrasive, especially when he hits higher notes. One thing I find fascinating about this album are the lyrics. They conjure up countless pictures in my mind, and I can't help but be frozen while I listen to Mangum paint these pictures with his words and music. Stand-out tracks: Two-Headed Boy (Pts. 1 and 2) and Oh Comely. More info here.

Download.

No comments:

Post a Comment