16.6.10

Ocrilim - Annwn



2008; 7 tracks


Ocrilim is the project of Mick Barr, a supposedly very popular guy ( I guess?). This is his 3rd album.

"Devastating guitar trio record, only it's one person - Mick Barr - who plays everything. The idea's simple: layering multiple tracks of guitars with no effects (apart from what sounds like some octave in the mix), no reverb or delay, only a little distortion and constant picking.

Moments when chords upon chords increase, lifting up into the infinite, and everything starts to levitate.

Pure music that has the best effect when you close your eyes and just listen, without distraction, open to the sounds that are happening."

This is a pretty accurate description of Annwn. It is a complex album, impossible to describe in terms of "tags," and simply incredible. A friend had been heatedly recommending it to me forever and I decided to OH WHAT THE HELL listen to it today, because I got new headphones last night ^_^ I listened to it early this morning, and was perfectly content just letting the music flow into my ears, not distracted by anything. It is a very amazing album, and I really did like it!

Download.

No comments:

Post a Comment