28.2.12

Deleted Scenes - Young People's Church of the Air


2011; 11 tracks


Really lovely and uplifting noisy/indie pop rock. I really didn't know how I would feel about this but I can safely say it is a safely fun and inventive album. So be safe.

Deleted Scenes is a pop rock (I dislike this term, but it fits + (some noise)) duo from Maryland founded in 1998. From what I can tell, this is their second full-length, the first being released about 3 years ago.

My favorite tracks were "Bedbedbedbedbed," "Nassau," and "The Demon & the Hurricane." These are all god-tier tracks.

Young People's Church of the Air is totally Animal Collective-worship. Or any band that sounds like that. Just a precaution, or a friendly reminder, if you will. They would do better constructing warm, sad, rainy lo-fi songs out of the poppiness of their more AC-sounding songs. Actually I don't know anything forget it.

the sky is reflecting on the ocean floor

No comments:

Post a Comment