12.4.10

Fauré Complete Piano Music

Gabriel Fauré was a French composer of the late 19th century, influenced by composers such as Liszt and Schumann. I have made a link consisting of all his solo/duet/random piano music, some of which has been transcribed by Fauré or others from the orchestra to the piano. It has been split into 3 parts. All solo music is performed by Jean Martin. For pieces that require two pianos or four hands, pianists Patrick de Hooge and Pierre-Alain Volondat perform. Please enjoy some beautiful post-romantic/impressionist piano music! More info here.



Part 1:
- 13 Nocturnes
- 13 Barcarolles
- 1 Ballade

Part 2:
- Dolly Suite
- 6 Impromptus
- 9 Préludes

Part 3:
- Pavane in F-sharp minor, op. 50
- Masques et bergamesques
- Pelléas et Mélisande
- 4 Valses-caprices
- 1 Mazurka
- Themes and Variations
- 3 Romances



LINKS:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

10 comments:

  1. Thanks, good company for my Satie and Ravel -collections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Have you ever heard Fauré before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too much, only his Requiem, but sounds good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Jason Crumer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second part doesn't work on download, would you mind reuploading it please?
    Thank you very much for the other two anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I re-uploaded it :)

    Here's the new link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nywkjykumem

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome - I will also check out Zbigniew's Le Trois Colours - Bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good call.
    By the way, judging from what's posted on the blog you seem to like gloomy, sad music, or at least with a dark vibe and atmosphere.
    I can't help but tell you to try this, I consider it the best composition not just in romanticism, but ever, it envolves all I love about music.

    http://www.4shared.com/file/s6l0ZR56/Schubert_-_String_Quartet_No14.html

    Very cool blog by the way, I've been entertained for like an hour browsing it's stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Schubert!! Thank you, I've only ever heard his solo piano music before... I'm at school right now but I can't wait to get home and listen to it.

    ReplyDelete