30.4.10

Coil - ...And the Ambulance Died in his Arms


2005 (recorded in 2003); 5 tracks


This album is one that I've been struggling with for a long time. I guess I didn't give it a fair chance or listen at first, but after listening to it full through 5 times, I have come to love it. This is a live album (more info here) that has captured the hearts of nearly all Coil fans - it is an intensely personal look at COIL, and especially Balance. This album provides the listener (or at least me) a glimpse at a previously mysterious man - Jhonn Balance. He jokes and plays with the audience, interacts with them, answers questions, and is just generally great. This album also features 3 new Coil tracks, among them "A Slip in the Marylebone Road" - an AMAZING, atmospheric, beautiful track. Enjoy this beautiful Coil live album.

Download.

1 comment:

  1. I'm real happy you've come around to this album. I love the mid-track chat. Jhonn comes off as a very mild-mannered, witty and kind person, even though he was reluctant to perform that particular night.

    ReplyDelete